Raising enough funds to ensure the children at Home of Grace are fed, clothed, educated and cared for is always a struggle. While, self-sufficiency is the long-term goal, ongoing costs continue and we must continue to raise funds.
Our fundraising efforts are concentrated in three areas:
- Like a Mother’s Love, our annual concert and silent auction, held in May
- Burlington’s Ribfest (providing volunteers in return for a donation), Labour Day Weekend
- Ride For Refuge, a ride-a-thon supporting multiple charities working with vulnerable and displaced people, in October
- In 2015 we are adding Wine and Wishes, a fundraising wine tour in Niagara Wine Country
We would love to do more, but we are all volunteers with full-time jobs. We are simply unable to commit our time and energy into other events.
That’s where you can help.
Fundraising on our behalf
If you or your organization wish to support Home of Grace with a fundraising event of your own, that would be wonderful! We are happy to support you and your event in these ways:
- Provide you with brochures and pictures of Home of Grace, which you can share/display at your event
- Give you some fundraising tips to help you on your way
- Promote your event on our Facebook page
- Announce your event in our electronic newsletter, if possible
- Attend your event, if we are able
Many great fundraising events have been suggested to us over the years. Maybe you take one of these and run with it! Some have been done before, but are worth repeating.
- Golf tournament
- Scrapping day
- Yard sales
- Craft sales
- Fundraiser sales (chocolates, cookie dough, gift wrap, etc.)
- Lemonade stand (fun for kid participation)